Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nazareth



Heidi, Beth, Allison, Merideth, Ed, Mary and I ate lunch in the kitchen at the Carroll Hall. Beans and escarole was the menu. I liked it.

3 tablespooons olive oil, divided

2 large heads escarole

salt and pepper to taste

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1 clove garlic, mince

2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained

1) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in escarole, turning to coat with oil. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until tender.

2) In a separate skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic. Pour in beans with juices, and simmer until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in escarole. Simmer 10 minutes more.


4 comments:

  1. I think the next time I cook "Greens & Beans", I will take the time and do it separately (greens in 1 pot, beans in another pot - and combine the two). It seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello To All,
    I'm not a cook myself, but I'm glad you all had a great time.
    By the way Chris, I think the two are supposed to be cooked separately. At least that's the way my mother did it.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that. Of coarse I am Scotch-Irish, so if you want to make a mean Corned Beef and Cabbage or Haggis, I am there to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great time! We actually cooked the beans and the greens together! It was delicious =) Ed and Gary are wonderful chefs!

    ReplyDelete